Friday, December 16, 2011

Recommended reading list

My librarian asked for a list of books, homeschool related, that other homeschoolers would want in our little library:)  Here is a part of the list I provided:

Senior High: A Home Designed Form+U+La
The Well Trained Mind (Classical Education) (Jessie Wise, Susan Wise Bauer)
Managers of Their Homes and
Managers of Their Schools (life organization and pro-textbook type organization) (Teri Maxwell)
Lies Homeschooling Moms Believe (Todd Wilson)
The Relaxed Homeschooler (Mary Hood)
100 Top Picks (Cathy Duffy)
Help for the Harried Homeschooler (How-to and Organization) (Christine Field)
Homeschooling at the Speed of Life (How-to and Organization) (Marilyn Rockett)

There were a few others (I lost my copy of the list!) so I will add those if I find them later.  I tried to get a good mix of how-to, organizational, classical, relaxed, and textbooky.  I may have listed a Charlotte Masony book or two, but can't remember now.  I struggled with that one.  I haven't read a ton of CM books, but the ones I have read, bored me to tears (all the ones others rave about). I DO like CM's method, but apparently I'm not too keen on reading about it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment